The key to success in financial planning and budgeting is the 75% principle. What is the 75% principle to success?
FINANCIAL PLANNING AND BUDGETING SUCCESS
In his book The Midas Method, Stuart G. Goldsmith puts forward 4 steps to success:
- Know what you want
- Believe that you are worth it
- Believe that you can achieve it
- Go out and get it
When asked why they are unable to obtain success most people say that the last step is the most difficult.
Actually the truth is that, knowing what you want and believing that you can achieve it make up 75% of the reason people are successful.
Knowing where you are going is crucial and to do that you need a plan. One thing I will never do is say what you goals or plan should be when running a home Internet business. Only you can decide why you have decided to look into ways to make extra money.
Once you have decided that making money online is going to be your path to success you need to believe you can achieve it. This is the hardest part because no one can teach you believe. What I can do is illustrate how by using certain techniques you have a better chance of success.
The reason all get rich systems fail to provide you with long term success is they promise you riches for no effort. You may say to yourself what about the lottery? The interesting thing about the lottery is that over 90% of the winners are back at the income level they were before they won within 5 years.
Simple as it may sound believing you can achieve something does make a difference. I know from my own experience this is the case. I was born with a condition known as Spina Bifida which in the late 1950’s meant there was a high chance I would die prematurely. In addition Doctors said I would never be able to walk, talk, eat for myself etc. You get the picture my parents were young and faced a considerable challenge.
So why am I able to be sitting here after a 20 year career as a Senior Manager with Post Graduate qualifications in Management? The answer is belief. My parents simply refused to believe the Doctors and believed I would have as normal a life as possible. They knew what they wanted and they believed it could be done. End result was myself with a normal life expectancy, married a successful career who has decided to become his own boss.
So what I know from personal experience is if you want to improve you financial planning and budgeting you have to believe in yourself first. That’s the 75% principle.
For more information, advice and tips simply enter your details in the box at the top right. You will also receive a book co-authored by myself and 20 other entrepreneurs (including Dr. Adam Misner of BNI) and an invitation to 6 free Webinars on successful marketing.
How to write a good headline
Being a successful entrepreneur means maximizing the ways to earn extra money. One way is by article marketing.
I have been using article marketing for over a year now and find it is an excellent way to:
- Demonstrate any areas of expertise you have
- Introduce people to your Blog or social networks
- Eventually drive traffic to your business sales page
The reason is so many people are using the Internet as a means to carry out ‘due diligence’. Due diligence is the research someone does before deciding to set up in business. The stages of due diligence involve;
- Checking the market – is it too competitive, are the returns good on average?
- Checking out well known business models in that market – who are the industry leaders, what are the start up costs, how long have the leaders been around?
- Checking who to go into business with – many business opportunities have several representatives this is the process of homing in on which person to team up with?
So you need to position yourself as an expert and Leader with your business opportunity. People trust independent sites like Ezine.com where thousands of articles are posted for a simple reason. It’s a high volume site, has rules about what authors can include and focus on content as opposed to allowing a sales pitch.
If you can be established as an Expert Author on Ezine.com for example then that is independent verification you know what you are writing about. This helps build your credibility.
One of the hardest things to do in Article Marketing is to get your headline right. You can write the best article in the world, however if the headline fails to catch the reader’s eye then it will sit unread.
There are several ways to come up with good headlines here are a few ideas;
- Hold a ‘brainstorming’ session where you simply write down headlines that come to you on a topic in a Notebook then refine them later
- Lists – such as ‘the 10 things you need to know about xxxxx’ are always popular
- Questions – we are hard wired to be inquisitive so phrasing a headline as a title gives it a better chance of being read
- How to – most people are using the Internet to find answers to thing or use social networking. The proof of this is the fact that Google a search engine is one of the biggest players on the Internet